It was the first sunday of 2015 and I was in a good mood. I was in Chennai for some business reasons & happened to visit the Vijaya Forum Mall there, basically because they have KFC, and a nice shopping ambience.
Honestly, Chennai weather never made me happy before. Its sweaty and humid. But today, it was great. It was cloudy and cold breeze soothed me like a lake in desert. I was already getting good feelings.
I entered the mall and guess what I bumped into ? A huge intimidating setup of TATA MOTORS. Mostly Red & white in color. Bursting with people. A bit of chaotic. And what i saw next took my breath away. It was here. The All new Bolt from Tata Motors.
Brilliant. Stunning. Shining. Classy. Thats my first reaction. I swam into an array of thoughts. “Thats perfect” I said.
There was an emcee talking about the features of the car. He also talked about Tata Bolt being the Official Car Partner of Aircel Chennai Open. And about the online contests by Tata Bolt on Twitter & FB.
I moved into the arena. I was moved with the hospitality of the promoters there. & I could not resist moving closer to the car. I was like iron being pulled by a magnet. & then one of the Tata executives greeted me and explained about the car. Here are the excerpts ->
1. Its design. Sleek, classy & very stylish. That famous signature grill of Tata Motors. Lovely signature line and trust line concept.
2. Ah the engine. The heart of the car. Revetron 12.T Turbocharged Petrol Engine. 1.3L Quadrajet diesel engine. Multi mode drive – City, Eco, & Sport. Exceptional figures in terms of Power & RPM. A perfect balance between Power & Mileage. And thats what India wants.
3. Harman Infotainment System – This totally took my heart away. Very classy & very contemporary. the 5′ touch screen control panel that lets you watch videos, images, and can connect your phones & also used for Map My India navigation, is just out of the world.
4. The 9th Generation ABS with CSC & EBD. Perfect control over the car is guaranteed. Its super safe. Also the dual airbags in the front adds more to it.
5. Superior Segment Comfort & convenience. The rugby shoulder seats are exceptional. Very comfortable. The perfect leg room & head space makes it perfect for a family trip.
These were just the top 5 features. What I also loved about the car is the boot space of 210 litres, which is better than other hatchbacks, and also a great ground clearance of 165 mm, perfect for indian roads.
Also the ability to give voice commands, set cabin temperature zones, accept and reject calls through the Touchscreen, 90 PS of raw power, adjustable seats, tiltable steering, the 2.5′ driver information system, and its contemporary interiors ~ all these features including the above 5 makes this car a perfect Family hatchback car to buy this new year 2015.
I left the Bolt arena high on energy and motivation. My day was just made.
Well of course, I couldn’t resist taking a selfie with the beauty !