Its true, though we meet people from all walks of life, its rare that we meet a person, who not only influences our mind, but touches our soul, and gives our life, a new direction, a new meaning. Someone, who leaves a lasting impression. Someone, who is #madeofgreat.
I am few of those lucky people on earth who happen to see, listen, and meet his excellency, Former Indian president, Late Sir APJ Abdul Kalam in real.
The occasion was Jaipur Literature Fest, dated 24th Jan, 2015. The crowd was thrilled and equally excited and happy to see the great man, the great humble man. The crowd sat in silence and awe as he began speaking.
We did not feel even for a second that we were meeting the president of India. He told us he was proud of what we have achieved.
He was an epitome of how an ideal leader should be. He has inspired us in many ways. He gave us some simple guidelines to abide by. In corporate world we are so involved with our jobs and in love with our careers that we forget how to create work-life-balance. Sir Kalam gave us few important tips to live a better and a healthy life.
“My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.”
I would like to share 7 inspiring quotes of this great man.
1. A teacher should have a creative mind.
2. The bird is powered by its own life and by its motivation.
3. All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have equal opportunity to develop our talents.
4. One of the very important characteristics of a student is to question. Let the students ask questions.
5. Without your involvement you can’t succeed. With your involvement you can’t fail.
6. God, our Creator, has stored within our minds and personalities, great potential strength and ability. Prayer helps us tap and develop these powers.
7. Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.
Here are a few outstanding feats this man achieved that nobody ever could, and raised the benchmark of excellence to great heights-
1. From selling newspapers to designing helicopters – he proved nothing was impossible.
2. The simplicity of his demeanour and the brilliance of his wisdom was evident in his simple lifestyle. Even after becoming president of the country, his needs were few.
3. The mark of greatness lies in humility. At a convocation ceremony at IIT Varanasi, Dr Kalam refused to sit on a chair because it was bigger than the other chairs. Treating everybody equal is a virtue not even the greatest of minds manage to conquer.
4. His vision of the country was a progressive one, and no other politician has encouraged young talent like he has.
We salute the great man who led by example. His was a life well lived, and dedicated to the service of the nation. Here’s hoping he will continue to inspire us to strive towards excellence, and there will be many more kalams in the future.
The impact of meeting Sir Kalam is deep and huge. He changed my life in so many ways. Professional success aside, I give him more than 100% credit for making me the person I am today. He taught me to dream. And he taught me how to turn those dreams into reality.
Learn more about #madeofgreat here –>